Introduction to the Heinrich Boll Foundation Internship 2024
Applications are now open to apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Washington, DC, Internship 2024. Heinrich Boll is looking for interns in their Washington, D.C., office for their
3-month paid internship program. This is a paid internship in the USA, and a $700 monthly stipend will be given. For interns not based in the US, the Foundation will sponsor a J-1 US visa and cover the visa costs.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Washington DC Internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of international and European policy. It offers interns the opportunity to develop professional skills and gain valuable insights into the international and European policy-making processes. The internship also provides valuable experience in research, analysis, and writing.
Heinrich Boll Foundation internship in the United States is open to the enrolled Bachelor, and master’s degree students or are recent bachelor’s degree recipients. Students who already received a master degree, or enrolled in a PhD degree program are not eligible. Most probably interns will arrive in spring 2024. Sounds amazing right? Let’s go on to further details about the Heinrich Boll Foundation Washington DC Internship 2024.
About the Heinrich Boll Foundation Internship 2024
Available Internship Departments
- Internship Department of Foreign Policy and Democracy:
This internship is specifically designed to provide valuable experience to students who have a strong academic background in international relations, public policy, history, German, or European politics. During this internship, students will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in their field of study, develop professional skills, and build their network. The program is structured to provide comprehensive training and support to ensure that interns are well-prepared to succeed in their assigned roles. By the end of the internship, students will have gained a deeper understanding of the practical application of their academic knowledge and will have acquired new skills that will be useful in their future careers.
- Internship Department of Development and Digital Policy:
This internship presents an excellent opportunity for students or recent graduates who are keenly interested in global development and digital policy. Specifically, individuals with a background in public policy, international relations, law, economics, development studies, or a related field are well-suited for this position. The selected candidate(s) will have the chance to delve deeper into the intricacies of these topics, gaining hands-on experience in the field. Additionally, the internship will provide ample opportunities for personal and professional growth, allowing the intern(s) to develop their skills and expand their knowledge base in a supportive and dynamic work environment.
Benefits of the Heinrich Boll Foundation Internship 2024
- A monthly stipend of $700 for full-time positions and proportionally less for part-time
- 5 paid vacation days per 3-month period for full-time internships
- The Foundation will cover visa costs.
- Experience in at least one of our program areas.
- Competent command of English
- A full-time commitment of 40 hours per week for 3 to 6 months (part-time only on a case-by-case basis)
- should have completed at least 2 years of university-level experience
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program OR recent (< 1 year) Bachelor’s degree recipients
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Provide logistical support for the preparation and implementation of visitor programs and events
- Manage front desk duties (i.e. answer telephones and respond to information inquiries)
- Manage contact and program-specific databases
- Develop social media content and communications strategies
- update content on our website and blogs.
- conduct background research on topical issues and current events
- prepare research for upcoming events, tours, and speaker’s series
- Capstone project
- complete a capstone project on a topic of your choosing, which can include a policy paper, expert interview, explanatory video script, or series of blog posts.
How to Apply
The last date to apply for the internship is January 10, 2024. The earliest start date for the internship will be February 2024. All applicants have to submit an online application. The official link to the website is given below.