Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa would probably prefer to be in headlines this week for his team’s 3-0 record but hasn’t been so lucky due to the controversy related to his employer’s decision to allow him to return to the field during what became this past Sunday’s 21-19 win over the Buffalo Bills even though many onlookers believed he suffered a concussion in the game’s second quarter.
According to Mark Maske of the Washington Post (h/t Pro Football Talk), NFL senior vice president Jeff Miller said on Wednesday that “every indication” is that the proper and mandated concussion protocols were followed regarding Tagovailoa’s status at Hard Rock Stadium.
It was previously reported that the NFL Players Association initiated an investigation into the matter, and that review will take one to two weeks to be completed.
“Every indication from our perspective is that it was [followed],” Miller said of the protocols. “I know the player, the coach and others have spoken to this. And we are engaged in that review now. So we’ll come back with a formal answer to that question, something that we want to engage in.”