Introduction to the ARES Masters and Training Scholarships
Applications are now open for the ARES Masters and Training Scholarships. Are you a citizen of a developing nation? Do you hold a master’s degree? Do you already have professi
onal experience and want to advance your knowledge in a development-related field? ARES masters and specialization courses provide you with the opportunity to pursue a one-year master’s degree or a refresher course lasting 4 to 6 months in a Federation Wallonia-Brussels institution in Belgium. Students from developing nations and African nations are eligible.
About the ARES Master’s and Training Scholarships
Each year, the Academy of Research and Higher Education (ARES) grants an average of 150 fellowships in the framework of the Masters and 70 fellowships in the framework of the internships to the nationals of the countries of the South.
Within the framework of the Belgian policy for development cooperation, the Minister for Development Cooperation and the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation entrust the Belgian higher education institutions with the preparation of postgraduate programs (Advanced Masters) and Training Programmes that are specifically oriented towards young professionals from developing countries.
International courses and training programs are part of the global study programs of the higher education institutions. They are open to all students who satisfy the conditions of qualification but aim at proposing training units that distinguish themselves by their openness towards specific development issues.
Eligible Countries for the ARES Masters and Training Scholarships
South Africa, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ethiopia, Ecuador, Guinea, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Uganda, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Vietnam and Zimbabwe
Available Subject Areas (Masters)
- Master of Specialization in Development, Environment and Societies
- Specialization Master in Human Rights
- Master of Specialization in Aquatic Resource Management and Aquaculture
- Master of Specialization in Risk and Disaster Management
- Specialized Master in Integrated Management of Health Risks in the Global South (IManHR)
- Specialized Master in International Development
- Master of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- Master of specialization in integrated production and preservation of natural resources in urban and peri-urban areas
- Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology
- Master of Science in Public Health – Methods of Research Applied to Global Health
- Master of Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Specialized Master in Transport and Logistics
Available Subject Areas (Training)
- Internship in control and quality assurance of medicines and health products
- Research Initiation to Strengthen Health Systems
- Internship in Geographic Information System
- Internship in secondary resource development for sustainable construction
- Methodological internship in support of innovation in family farming
Eligibility Criteria for the ARES Masters and Training Scholarships
The following will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
- Originally from a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must reside and work in their own country at the time of filing;
- Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply for the ARES scholarships: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam
- Either under the age of 40 for courses and under 45 for training periods at the start of training;
- Either holds a diploma comparable to the second cycle of Belgian university education. However, for certain types of training, different requirements may be set out, which will be specified below;
- Demonstrates a professional occupation in a developing country for at least two years after completing his / her second cycle or three years after the end of his / her studies when the candidate holds a post-graduate diploma from a university in an industrialized country;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken French. For courses organized in another language, it is necessary to have a good knowledge of the language of the course, written and spoken. The candidate will also be asked to commit to learning French to participate in everyday life in Belgium;
- Apply for a single training
Selection Criteria for the ARES Masters and Training Scholarships
- The academic curriculum
- For courses, priority will be given to candidates who are already holders of a diploma third cycle, save in exceptional circumstances duly justified in the application.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have not already received a grant in Belgium.
- Professional experience
- Belonging to a partner institution: The commitment of the candidate to development activities
- Nationality requirements
- Gender equality
- The future reintegration prospects
Number of Scholarships: Belgium ARES grants 150 scholarships for participation in the masters and 70 scholarships for participation into the training programmes.
Benefits of the ARES Masters and Training Scholarships
- Travel (internal and external),
- Monthly living allowance,
- Indirect mission costs,
- Installation costs,
- Tuition fees,
- Registration fee,
- Insurance costs,
- Housing allowance,
- Allowances for dependents,
- Return fees,
- In 1st session completion bonus (June).
How to Apply
Does this feel like an opportunity you would want? Would you like to submit an application form and receive a grant? Do you have any doubts about your eligibility?
Then follow these guides :
It is important to go through the Application requirements and procedures on the Scholarship Webpage before beginning your application. Be aware that the deadline for applications is 17 November 2023.
NOTE: Applying for the Belgium ARES Masters and Training scholarships is free of charge. ARES does not charge any fee at any stage of the application or selection process. You may raise any question or concern about persons or companies claiming to be acting on behalf of ARES and requesting the payment of a fee by emailing ARES at email@example.com. Any application containing cash will be automatically rejected.
Apply now for the France Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded)
Fully Funded Scholarships in the UK 2024 (For International Students)
Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program 2024 For High School Graduates In Middle East And North Africa
Your Guide to International Student Exchange Programs in 2023 and Beyond